I know I know, I’ve been MIA for a while but I’m back! I had a rough day at work today so I decided to come home and make some Pumpkin Muffins!!! Both my husband and my trainer (@kim_sportsnlife found on instagram) has my family and I on this Paleo kick and well frankly I’m more interested in what satisfies my tummy!!!
I love fall and I love pumpkin. Since I’m a Pinterest junky I decided to try Paleo-ish pumpkin muffins! I had to first find a recipe close enough to the ingredients I already have in my pantry. I found this easy enough recipe at http://northwestcavegirls.com/2013/04/paleo-coconut-flour-muffins/
Here are their instructions (NorthWest Cave Girls):
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 can (15oz) organic pumpkin
- 6 eggs (room temperature) <——- I only had three so I used three eggs and some apple sauce!
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 11/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. of allspice
- ½ tsp. of ground cloves
- ½ tsp. of baking powder
- handful of raisins or/and chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*f
- Mix coconut flour and oil and let sit for 5 mins to do it’s thing (absorbtion)
- Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide batter into lined or oiled muffin pans
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to stand and cool for as long as you can
- THEN devour!!
In the mist of my determination I realized I only had 3 muffins instead of 6 that the recipe requires. Thank goodness I’m a HAWT Mama and I used my God given resourceful mind, I decided to demolish this lack of eggs dilemma by using…..APPLE SAUCE!!!
I was excited, I was motivated and my mouth was salivating at the meer thought of these pumpkin muffins….I looked into the oven to see how they were coming becuase the smell was so delicious!!! They were still mush….it’s ok I had 35 more min to go! LOL
After they finished cooking and letting them cool off my husband I finally had one, were they worth the wait? For him yes….for me they were more “interesting” than anything else. They weren’t the yummiest muffin I’ve ever had but they definitely were far from disgusting! 😉
Fashion must haves for every HAWT Mama this fall… YAY!
It is too often that our fashion takes a toll because of the day to day non-stop duties of motherhood. But it doesn’t have to. As a mom we still need to look and feel great. I’m an advocate that we as mothers motivate, encourage and inspire one another to be our best. To be Happy, Healthy, Attractive, Women-with Tenacity!!! (Hence the name)Below are some Fall necessity’s that will compliment any mom’s attire especially when we want to throw on something quick and easy when we have to rush out the door.
- A cargo or safari (ish) utility vest– It is cute, comfy, flattering, useful (it has pockets) and you will look like a “cool” mom. I don’t know about you but I’ve been working towards looking like a cool mom sense I became one. (photo found at www.dillards.com)
- Really good leggings– these too CAN be flattering if they are good sturdy ones. These leggings must help keep everything together and in place…. With this a sweater or vest of some sort should cover the butt please!! (photo found at www.topshop.com)
- Booties– These HAWT Mama friendly boots are practical and comfortable and are actually in style this season! Love them with pants, skirts or dresses. Easy to step up the style when you’re on the go! (photo found at www.Nordstrom.com)
- Cross-body bags and totes– These bags are so practical it should be sin that it’s fashionable as well. They are so popular and easy to find.You can throw your things AND bottles, wipes, tissues, diapers, baby food, snacks whatever you need and it be practical to carry. (photo found at www.michaelkors.com)
- Fashion (statement) necklace– This piece will step up any dull outfit and make it intentional and stand out. (photo found at www.francescas.com)
- Colorful scarf– This too can stand out AND keep your neck warm AND become a tissue or a blanket for your little one. 😉 (photo found at www.shanghaitang.com)
- A shirt/sweater/wrap dress of some kind– They are comfy always in style and easy to find and FLATTERING! You can dress it up or down depending on your accessories which makes it multifunctional like your LIFE! (photo found at www.gap.com)
- Lipstick- Nude and red seem to be the trend, whatever it is for you get one and keep it in your bag so whenever you need a quick pick up add some more lipstick! (photo found at www.ulta.com)